What is the Clearing & Settlement Working Group (CAS-WG)
The aim of the CAS-WG is to debate and discuss all aspects of clearing and settlement infrastructures and processes. The organisation and operation will be similar to the MiFID Joint Working Group and its Subject Groups that operated in the build-up to the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with the intention of bringing together the top industry standards bodies, trade associations, infrastructures, investment firms and companies involved in Clearing and Settlement.
The CAS-WG will provide an opportunity for open discussion and debate amongst senior market practitioners and service providers on issues affecting Clearing and Settlement.
More importantly, the aim is to create multiple specialist groups that will work on specific areas of interest- standards, technologies, reference data, custodial services, etc- between each of the main plenary meetings of the CAS-WG.
- Financial transaction tax
- HSBC's $1.9bn money laundering settlement could be rejected
- Deutsche Bank AGM halted by protesters
- New City watchdog kicks off with £3m fine for JPMorgan
- Indian banks: Lenders of the last resort
- Meet the new Goldman as shareholders back board
- JPMorgan Chase: Unbreakable Dimon
- Bank predicts Pingit demand surge
- One in five customers to switch bank accounts
- U.S. Justice Department tells lawmakers no bank is too big to jail
- Brussels to tighten rules on bank bailouts
- Firms STILL starved of loans, says Bank